Welcome to Distress Centre Oakville Crisis Chat. Crisis Chat lets you connect one-on-one, in real time, from your computer or smart phone with a Crisis Chat Volunteer during the hours of operation.
PLEASE NOTE: Current technology does NOT allow us to trace your identity or location. If you need immediate assistance call 911.
How it works
- Click the link below when it reads…
“Online. Click here to enter” OR send a Text to 647-557-6250
to connect to a chat volunteer.
- Complete the Chat Registration. You can choose to remain anonymous, or provide us with your name and email address, or create a user name and password to use for future chats.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- You will then be connected to a Crisis Chat volunteer. If volunteers are already on a chat you will be placed into a queue and your chat will be responded to in sequence. Feel free to read through our website while you are waiting. Please keep an eye on the chat window for a response from a volunteer.
- When it’s your turn to chat, you’ll see a message from the volunteer in the chat window.
- When the chat ends you will have the option to complete a post-chat survey.
If you experience any problems with Crisis Chat please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Distress Line is also available. If you’d like to talk to a volunteer, please call 905-849-4541.
We know that anyone, at any time, can find themselves feeling lonely or overwhelmed. You don’t have to be alone! We’re here to help. Connect with us through Crisis Chat or the Distress Line which is available 24/7 at 905-849-4541. Our services are free and confidential.